1/16/13Let me think… climbing Everest? Heading up with a team of experts and standing at the top for a thirty second picture, only to return and deal with my lack of oxygen and frost bitten digits...not on the list. Bungee jumping? Over-rated and there is only so much give to those suspensions, besides falling isn't my idea of fun…certainly not on the list. Bull riding? It does involve cowboys (which I am partial to) and you only have to stay on for eight seconds, but then there are the broken bones and eating dirt…nah, I’d rather watch. Learning to surf? I am partial to the ocean, but not keen on a ton of water washing me off the board, only to think about the Great Whites lurking below…Not! Take a shuttle to the moon? I probably can’t afford that one and truthfully I think I might chicken out…Not only no, but heck no! All right seriously, I've narrowed it down and I’ll make it simple. While all these things I listed are something grand to those who seek them, mine are truly a bit more simple:
1) I’d like to publish the first of many novels. I've always dreamed of becoming an author and I am encouraged by my best friend’s words, “If it were easy Kim, everyone would do it.”
2) I’d like to see my daughters grow into strong women who accomplish much in their own lives. As an older mother, I've been blessed to give birth and adopt and trust me, not matter how motherhood finds you, it is truly amazing.
3) I’d like to spend a month in
China, working in the orphanage where my daughter lived when we adopted her. I’d want the family to go; especially both my daughters so they can understand the importance of giving back.
4) I’d like to step foot in all fifty states, so that I can say I have been there, but I’ll need Dramamine and a Winnebago for that road trip!
5) I’d like to enjoy retirement where I get to decide what each day brings and not punch someone else’s clock! Working isn't so bad, but it would be nice to work on my terms!
I imagine that my five things may change over the years, as they always have. I think I have found my motivations in life can sometimes change like the wind, but I believe this sums it up for now.