2/12/13JENN! CONGRATULATIONS! Jenn, please contact me (Cheryl) at: CherylHartAuthor [AT] gmail [DOT] com
Dream Dates *sigh*
I appreciate Five for Fiction’s invitation to guest blog and meet their readers. Thank you!
I’ll get to my five Dream Dates in a moment. First, I’m going to share a personal experience about how words have different meanings.
I thought that writing about Dream Dates would be the perfect segue to a discussion with my husband about a River Cruise in Europe or that trip to Japan we’ve been talking about forever.
You see, I married the man of my dreams, so in my mind, a dream date is the perfect vacation with my Mr. Wonderful.
While at dinner at a restaurant, I asked, “Honey, I’m doing this piece on dream dates, and I was wondering—what’s yours?”
“With whom? Or what?”
“With whom?” I was incredulous.
“Yeah. Do you mean from my bucket list of famous people I want to meet? Like Sally Fields or Bonnie Raitt. Or do you mean a “what” kind of thing? Like sky diving.”
That was an eye-opener for me. He’s still my Mr. Wonderful. While we haven’t decided where we’ll vacation in September, I know we’ll have a dream time.
Here’s my list of 5 Dream Dates:
1) Today, February 12th, one of my dream dates is happening! Mardi Gras in New Orleans. We’re on Canal Street shouting at the passing parade floats, “Hey, mista! Throw me some beads!”
2) One dance with Tab Beniot—anywhere, anytime. A few years back, at a Tab concert, my Mr. Wonderful requested Mr. Beniot to play, Nice and Warm, and Mr. Wonderful got Tab’s autograph for me.
3) Dinner at Bobbie Flay’s Mesa Grill in New York City in December, then a Chris Botti concert at the Blue Note, with a meet and greet. My birthday is Christmas Eve, so this would also be a great birthday present. (Hint to Mr. Wonderful.)
4) Christmas at Yellowstone National Park. The park is magical in the winter. Cross-country skiing, then curling up by the fireplace with hubby.
5) A convertible drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I used to want a motorcycle trip, but these days, I prefer comfort over “cool.” In case it rains, a convertible top comes up. This trip would include picnics along the way and a hike or two in search of a waterfall. The photo is of the car I want sitting in my driveway.
So, it’s your turn. Tell me, what’s your dream date?
A note about me: I’m an award-winning writer who loves words. I was born in Biloxi, Mississippi to an Irish/Cajun father from New Orleans and a Japanese mother. My husband, Don, is a fifth generation Floridian. We now live in Atlanta with our four-legged boys, General Beauregard, Gentleman Jack and Masterpiece Renoir. Don and I share a love of college football, boiled peanuts, seafood, and grits with eggs.
Please visit me at www.linda-joyce.com or at my blog: Linda Joyce Contemplates: www.lindajoycecontemplates.wordpress.com
**ONE COMMENTER WILL WIN SPECIAL BLING FROM THE FRENCH QUARTER -- COURTESY OF LINDA JOYCE! THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE TOP OF THIS POST ON WEDNESDAY, 2/13/13. CHECK BACK TO SEE IF YOU'RE THE LUCKY ONE!